|24 October 2016||Johannesburg||3 Day(s)||R 8800 (ex. Vat)|
The rising costs of electricity supply and risks of energy security is making renewable energy attractive, particularly solar photovoltaics (PV) as an alternative, environmentally friendly and reliable energy source.
Why is a Solar PV assessment important?
This course will show you how to conduct a feasibility study for residential and commercial solar PV solutions, including how to get initial costing and energy yields using modelling software and climate data.
The Terra Firma Solutions Renewable Energy Engineers have created this course based on their international experience and training in solar energy to give participants the knowledge to be able to give advice on project feasibility from energy yield to system costs.
Benefits of attending the course
- Get trained by a Senior Engineer from Terra Firma Solutions.
- Understand the complex financial incentives and financing options for commercial renewable energy projects.
- Understand residential and commercial solar PV systems and their components.
- Learn about the current and potential future legislative frameworks .
- Understand residential and commercial solar PV costing.
- Learn about renewable energy resources and system modelling using sophisticated software.
- Be able to conduct a feasibility study based on costs and energy yields of solar PV power systems.
- Optimise system size and components based on site requirements.
- Cost of training can be claimed under BBBEE Skills Development spend.
- Complete the course with a case study.
Who should attend?
- Engineers who want to expand their knowledge in solar technology to be able to advise clients and companies on this rapidly expanding market.
- Anyone who wants to start their solar PV career. This course is the best starting point.
- Homeowners who would like to understand more about solar PV technology options for their homes.
- “Upskillers” within companies who want to add more value to their business and explore exciting new energy opportunities.
- Municipal or governmental employees.
- Sales representatives selling solar PV solutions to their clients.
- Bank employees who want to understand more about the viability of solar PV projects.
- Property fund and facility managers looking to reduce their building’s electricity costs.
- Property developers who want to understand more about solar PV opportunities.
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained